Monday 9 November 2015

Holiday Workout!

In light of post yesterday Keeping Healthy On Holiday, my brother told me to share the workout I did at 5am in his student house lounge room! (This was before cleaning their entire kitchen and lounge - big sister duties.)

Despite being in a house full of gym junkie, protein munching males, I had to make the best with what I had - a 1.5m by 2m area of lounge room floor, a dining chair, a whiteboard and myself.  

So, as I mentioned in my previous post, this is a slightly Kayla-esq workout, which I put together on the spot and wrote out on the whiteboard.  Basically I was looking to start puffing, sweating and getting the blood pumping.  Just over half an hour (I had a lot of time to kill) with minimum rest between rounds.  The only equipment necessary is your own body (trainers not applicable) and a chair/stool/step that will take your body weight.  

Round 1 (R1)

40 Ab Bikes (20 each side) 
10 Burpees
15 Straight Leg Sit Ups 
50 Mountain Climbers (25 each leg) 
30 High Knees (15 each leg, stable foot on chair) 


1.
2.3.
4.5.


Round 2 (R2)

15 Sumo Squats (with weights if you have them)
15 Push Ups 
30 Lunges (15 each leg)
20 Snap Jumps / Froggies
40 Flutter Kicks 

1.2.
3.4.
5.

Set a timer to 8 minutes and perform each series of exercises as many times as possible in the 8 minutes.  I recommend doing R1, then R2, then R1 and R2 again for 8 minutes each, with minimum rest in between rounds (30 seconds to a minute).  Remember, the goal is to sweat and burn calories! So work through the exercises properly but efficiently, I could get through each round at least twice in the 8 minutes.  

This workout doesn't have to be restricted to holidays, it can be done almost any where.  Happy sweating! 

V x