Monday 7 September 2015

The Suspense Is Healing Me!

In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I have recently joined up at Inspire pilates, yoga and fitness studio.  If you follow me on Instagram (@victoriasole) then you would have seen that almost every Wednesday I post a new photo of me being either a vampire, bat or scorpion.  

But how am I being a bat, you might ask? Well, one of the classes available at Inspire is Suspension Yoga (by the way, if you're hoping to try it out, I suggest booking ahead as the classes have limited space!).  For a few weeks, my pal Milli and I had been trying to take part, but a combination of 6:30am start and booking far enough ahead meant that it took us a while to get round to it! When we finally did, we were hooked! 

The Vampire
As the description notes, Suspension turns 'everything you know about yoga upside down'. During the hour long class (we actually always run over because it is so fun and we get carried away) we stretch and contort our bodies with the aid of a fabric swing, to further elongate and relax our muscles.  Don't think it's an easy class though, it also improves your strength and balance, and during flow sequences I generally work up a fair sweat! After our second class, Milli and I woke up with extremely sore shoulders and biceps!   

The Scorpion
This 'anti-gravity' class is definitely on my to-do list. I'm not the most flexible person (a year back I could barely touch my toes) but Suspension is for bodies of all abilities and everything can be modified to your limitations.  Inversion Therapy (as the instructor describes it) aids in improving blood flow and circulation, flexibility and joint mobility, as well as giving you the energy boost to set you up for your day ahead! I have also found that it certainly "gets things moving" in terms of the digestive system, which is always a bonus! 

TBH, not sure what this one is called, just looked cool.
Check out Suspension at Inspire, the bonus is all first classes are free! And they have a great, affordable introductory package as well.  I'm sure you'll be hooked soon enough!

V x