Wednesday 2 September 2015

Fitness Fashion.

Lately I've been noticing just how on trend my fellow yoga-lovers are.  Week in and week out these women (and men!) rock up in the latest gym wear, without looking like you've thrown a highlighter all over them.  So chic and effortless, even when covered in sweat.  It seems that the yoga/pilates community opt for layers, simplicity and ease of movement when picking an outfit to stretch and contort one's body in.  Slightly more stylish that the shorts and baggy t-shirts I was once used to exercising in.  

I took to Pinterest to broaden my horizons with 'fitness fashion' and have confirmed my entire Christmas list...either that or could I please have a sponsorship Nike

Follow my Pinterest Board for more fitspo.  Just to get to even more motivated to sweat it out today, I've included some Victoria Secret models. Actually, I'll take Karlie Kloss' bod over a Nike sponsorship any day...


Sleek, long lasting workout gear is worth the investment, but it's wise to choose designs in more basic colours such as black, cream and grey, with a touch of muted tones such as dusty pink or pale aqua.  Longevity of function and style are essential, and comfort is of utmost importance when deciding on items to buy. I'm personally a fan of anything higher waisted to avoid embarrassing 'crack slips' in compromising poses; as well as sports bras that are easy to pull on and off (support is not as high on my priority list, although I've a Victoria Secret sports bra that keeps everything 'jiggle free').  Of course, every now and again I chose to go a little wild and buy leggins with bright prints or bright orange netball shoes (a statement piece if you like), because if you can't wear pink, gold and purple pinstripes with orange trainers when you're exercising, when can you?

V x