Tuesday 15 September 2015

Breakfast @ The Cove

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited to taste the new breakfast menu at Cove Beach, Jumeirah Beach Hotel.  This was my first experience of the Cove, and although I'd seen photos of my friends enjoying yoga mornings there, I wasn't quite prepared for the beauty and epic views.  


The idyllic location gives undisturbed views of one of the most iconic buildings in Dubai, The Burj Al Arab.  Sprawled along the white sand of the beach are endless sun beds, just asking to be lounged on while you sip fresh juices and cocktails from the rose bar (yes, they have a rose bar).  Walking in, I pictured myself relaxing here on a Friday! 


Cove Beach's restaurant itself is modern, chic and light; equipped with its own white catwalk! I fell in love with the decor, it was so crisp, clean and white.  We were treated to our own customised pair of Havaianas by Copia Group upon arrival and then settled in to try the delectable array of healthy breakfast items available....


To start, we refreshed our palates with freshly squeezed watermelon juice. Each diner was given the most delicious natural yoghurt with a berry compote and some of the scrumiest granola I've ever tasted (I'm exceptionally fussy when it comes to granola, so this is a huge accolade).  We were also encouraged to help ourselves to colourful fruit platters (mmmmmmango) and some miniature crumbly pastries. 



Finally, being the breakfast piglets we are, we decided to share the eggs benedict with smoked salmon, and an omelet with spinach and mushroom (obviously for research purposes!). Both were cooked to perfection, with the ultimate poached eggs, firm whites (who likes runny whites?) and runny yolks.  Unfortunately we didn't manage to try the pancakes (to be honest our bellies were too full) but I would recommend giving them a go if the rest of the menu is anything to go by! 


If you're thinking of somewhere to spend your Friday or Saturday morning this weekend and feel like getting a little fancy, then head to Cove Beach.  The menu is fresh, healthy and delicious and won't leave you feeling bloated, heavy or guilty.  Highly recommend is the yoghurt and granola with berries, it was by far my favourite. Not being a coffee lover I didn't try any, but my fellow diners raved about theirs.  And then head to a sun bed avec un glass of rose (has to be done) to lap up the views and the sunshine! This hidden cove is like a little slice of heaven. Definitely one of my new fave breakfast spots!

V x